2. Lightly butter a 9x13x2 inch casserole dish. Set aside.
3. Melt half of the butter in a skillet and add the onion. Cook on low until lightly colored and tender (about 20 minutes). Transfer to a bowl.
4. In the same skillet, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Add the apples and sauté slowly until lightly colored, but not too mushy (about 7 minutes). Add the apples to the bowl with the onions.
5. In the same skillet, cook sausage until brown. With a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to the bowl with the onions and apples. Add the cornbread, white bread and wheat bread, pecans, parsley and Turkey Rub.
6. Add turkey stock to moisten. Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish.
LIKE: Better Batter, King Arthur Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour, or Corn Flour. HINT: You can use any of the flours listed above. We also use Garbanzo and Quinoa flours in savory baking. OTHER: Mixed Bean Flours or Potato Flour.
In a pinch, 2 corn muffins can be used for the cornbread.