1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat add the apples, sugar, salt and Apple Pie Spice. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the apples are tender. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
3. Preheat 400ºF.
4. Roll out the puff pasty to a 1/8 inch thickness. Use a 4 inch round cookie cutter to cut out 7 circles.
5. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of the apple filling into the middle of each circle. . Use a pastry brush dipped in water to paint the edge. Fold the dough in half creating a semi-circle and press to seal with your fingertips. At this point these can be frozen. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator then follow the remaining instructions to bake.
6. Cut a few slits in the middle of each pie to allow steam to vent.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.