1. Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces and add to a microwave safe bowl. Cover with water and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is just tender. Drain and add to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Add in the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and No Salt Lemon Pepper seasoning. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Stir in the rice. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the rice is slightly toasted. Then pour in the wine and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze.
4. Once the wine has evaporated, stir in 1 cup of stock. Cook until the stock has evaporated, stirring often. Repeat with additional 3 cups of stock.
5. Meanwhile, drain the asparagus and pat dry. Set aside.
6. Remove from heat. Stir in the cheese, chives and asparagus. Serve with lemon wedges.
I prefer al dente risotto. If you prefer a softer texture, an additional cup of stock may be needed.