1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking oil. Set aside.
2. In a small pot over medium add 6 tablespoons of butter. Swirl the pan occasionally to be sure the butter is cooking evenly. As the butter melts, it will begin to foam. The color will progress from lemony-yellow to golden-tan to, finally, a toasty-brown. Once you smell that nutty aroma, take the pan off the heat. Stir in 2/3 cup apple cider. Set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and Apple Pie Spice.
4. Into the cooled butter-cider mixture, whisk in 1/2 cup sugar, honey and the eggs. Add to the dry ingredients, using a wooden spoon to stir until just combined.
5. Add the batter to a zip-top or pasty bag. Pipe batter into donut holes in the prepared pan.
6. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
7. While the donuts are baking - melt the remaining 6 tablespoons butter. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of cider.
8. In a shallow bowl combine the Cinnamon and remaining 2/3 cup of sugar, mixing well.
9. Dip the warm donuts into the butter-cider mixture and then dredge into the cinnamon-sugar. Cool on a wire rack.