1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9x9 inch square baking dish. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients - pecans, oats, Cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
3. In a mixing bowl whisk together the wet ingredients - milk, maple syrup, egg, butter, and vanilla.
4. Arrange 1/2 of the blueberries in the bottom of the prepared pan. Top the blueberries with the dry ingredients, followed by the wet ingredients. Gently swirl the pan to ensure the wet ingredients make their way to the bottom.
5. Scatter the remaining blueberries on top, sprinkle with demerara sugar.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers and and reheat the next morning. This recipe can stay in the frig for 4 days.