1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and de-veined, tails removed
8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3/4 cup vegetable broth
2 tablespoon red bell pepper, finely diced
1/4 cup whipping cream
1. In a large bowl whisk together the vinegar, Ginger Citrus Seasoning, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain, toss with remaining olive oil in the serving bowl. Cover to keep warm.
3. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat add the butter. Once melted whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute or until amber colored and bubbly.
4. Pour in the broth and whisk constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Stir in the red pepper. Remove the pan from heat and whisk in the cream. Pour the sauce over the pasta. Toss to coat and cover to keep warm.
5. Heat the same skillet (don't worry about cleaning) over high heat until a drop of water sizzles. Add the shrimp and marinade; cook 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turns opaque and is cooked through, turning once.
6. Add the shrimp to the noodles and sauce. Serve immediately.