Hasselback potatoes are the most impressive spud ever. They are potato skins, mashed potatoes and baked potatoes rolled into one incredible side dish. They are have crispy edges, creamy centers and can be adorned with topping galore!
2. Slice straight down into the potato, but stop just short of cutting all the way through. You can rest the potato next to a wooden spoon to use as a guide, stopping just before you cut through so that the slices stay connected at the bottom of the potato. Space the slices 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch apart.
3. Arrange the potatoes in a baking dish and brush the potatoes, all over with half the melted butter. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Cracked Black Pepper Steak Rub seasoning.
4. Bake 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven. At this point the potatoes layers should start to separate (if needed give them a GENTLE nudge). Brush the layers with the remaining butter and Cracked Black Pepper Steak rub.
6. Return to oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are crispy on the edges and easily pierced in the middles with a paring knife.
7. If you're adding toppings, stuff the slits and sprinkle over the top 5 to 10 minutes before the end of cooking. Serve warm.
Try this recipe with 24 mini or 12 small potatoes- make a great side for holiday meals or large gatherings.