1. Blend the flour, butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor, pulsing until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 2 tablespoons ice water and process until moist clumps form, adding more water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. Gather into ball. Flatten to disk. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to rolling.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 14-inch round and fit into a 9-inch glass pie plate. Crimp edge and prick bottom all over. Chill 30 minutes.
3. Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375°.
4. Using a fork prick the crust before baking. Bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until pale golden. Cool in pan on a rack.
5. Whisk together pumpkin, cream, milk, eggs, brown sugar, Pumpkin Pie Spice and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour into the pie shell.
6. Bake the pie in the middle of the oven for 45-50 minutes at 375°, or until filling is set but center still trembles slightly. The filling will continue to set as pie cools. Transfer to a rack and cool completely.