This warm and smoky chili is not super spicy is the ideal make ahead meal. For me for any meal with loads of toppings screams is my fav, and this chili is no exception. No slow cooker, no worries, this can be made on the stove top too!
Stove Top 1 hour, Slow Cooker 4 Hours on High or 6 Hours in Low
1 to 6 hours
1. Combine the onion, garlic, green peppers, jalapeños, tomatillos, salt, pepper, chicken and Smoky Paprika Chipotle seasoning in the slow cooker. Stir to coat.
2. Pour in the chicken stock, cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
3. 30 minutes before the end of cooking stir in the beans, and corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and finish cooking.
4. Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred using two forks. Then stir the shredded chicken back into the chili. Serve hot with assorted toppings.
1. In a large pot over medium high heat add the oil. Sauté the onion, garlic, green peppers, and jalapeños for 3 minutes or until just tender. Stir in the tomatillos, salt, pepper and Smoky Paprika Chipotle. Cook for 5 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
2. Push the vegetables to one side of the pan and add the chicken. Sauté until browned about 3 minutes. Flip the chicken and sauté for an additional 3 minutes. Stir in the stock and bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
3. Use a digital thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each breast. Once the chicken reaches 160˚F, transfer to a plate to cool. Stir in the beans, and corn. Cover and continue to cook for on low.
4. Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred using two forks. Then stir the shredded chicken back into the chili. Cook 5 minutes. Serve hot with assorted toppings.
This soup will keep for 5 days refrigerated or 3 months frozen.