1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Spread almonds out on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast for 8-12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Make the pickled shallots - in a microwavable safe bowl add the shallots, champagne vinegar, sugar and salt. Cook for 1 minute on high or until the vinegar just boils. Cover with plastic wrap and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain, reserving the pickling liquid for the vinaigrette.
4. Make the vinaigrette - in a blender bowl add 1 cup of strawberries, the strained pickling liquid, ginger citrus, olive oil and black pepper. Blend until smooth.
5. Slice the remaining strawberries.
6. Assemble the salad - in a large bowl add the kale, sliced strawberries, toasted almonds and pickled shallots. Drizzle the salad with half the vinaigrette, toss to coat. Serve the salad with remaining vinaigrette.