1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the ground meat, red onion and Texas Red Seasoning. Stir occasionally until meat is cooked through and onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Add in the refried beans and cheese. This will thicken the mixture. Set aside.
4. Roll out one pie crust at a time on a well floured board to reach a 1/4 inch thickness. Using a 4 inch round cookie cutter (or trace a plate) cut out 6 circles, re-rolling dough if needed. Repeat with other pie crusts until you have 24 circles.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of the filling into the center of each circle. Fold in half and press edges with a fork to seal. Arrange 2 inches apart on the prepared pan. Repeat with the remaining filling. At this point these can be frozen. No need to thaw, just add 5 minutes to the cooking time.
6. Brush the tops and sides with beaten egg then pierce the top of each with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.