4 Salmon filets (4-6 ounces each) with skin intact
1. Line a rimmed cookie sheet or roasting pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
2. Preheat broiler on high.
3. Add the Toasted Sesame Ginger to a shallow bowl and dredge the salmon covering the filet on all sides.
4. Place the seasoned filets on the prepared pan. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes and then remove from the oven.
5. Preheat the oven to 350F.
6. The skin of the salmon will be fairly charred after broiling. Using a pair of kitchen tongs lift the skin off of the filet and peel it completely off of the fish. Discard the skin.
7. Sprinkle more Toasted Sesame Ginger on top of the filet and cook fat side up for 15-25 minutes. Salmon is medium rare, when it is just pink through the middle.The bottom of the fillet will be caramelized and crispy.
Salmon is a rich and flavorful fish; you could serve it with white or brown rice and a seasonal vegetable.