1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted overnight in the refrigerator
4oz goat cheese, softened
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
2 tablespoons fresh basil, julienned
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 hour, 15 minutes
1. Line a baking sheet with a double layer of paper towels. Lay tomato slices in a single layer on the prepared pan. Sprinkle tomato slices with 2 teaspoons salt. Flip tomatoes over and sprinkle salt on the second side.
2. Allow the tomatoes to sit for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt cook covered for 10 minutes. Add the white wine and Za'atar, cook until caramelized about 10-15 minutes.
4. Preheat oven 425
5. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper add the puff pastry. Score the border 1/2 inch from the edge on all sides. Spread the goat cheese up to the border.
6. Add the onion mixture on top of the goat cheese, follow with 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese and finish with the tomatoes, overlapping if necessary. Brush tomatoes with the remaining olive oil and the 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Finish with the remaining Za'atar, black pepper and basil.